February is American Heart Month. Decades of research shows that massage therapy is effective in lowering stress and blood pressure, which are contributors of heart disease.
Valentine’s Day can be spent smiling when you treat yourself or your significant other to one these fun ideas.
- If you’re fortunate to live in a mountain area make a day of it and go skiing.
- Ice skating is a fun activity perfect for February
- Snuggle up by the fire and relax.
- Nice weather? Enjoy a bike ride and explore the city you live in.
- After all of your hard work take a break and relax with a massage.
Keeping hydrated is an important part of staying healthy. Water promotes cardiovascular health, keeps your body cool, helps muscles and joints work better and keeps skin supple. Here is this week’s hydration recipe:
2 slices of watermelon, cut into thirds or quarters
Small handful of basil, scrunched
Scrunch basil leaves so it releases the flavor.
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher with water.
This water is best if you let the water infuse at least 1 hour or you can put some holes in the fruit with a fork for instant flavor.
Clean out Your Computer Day – Set aside some time to logically review, and delete old files and programs from your computer that may be slowing it down.
National Inventors Day – Take a moment to think about how our lives have been improved through the use of inventions. Thank you to all the inventors out there.