Leap Year – We only see February 29th once every four years, so do something special today to mark the occasion.
During a massage your production of stress hormones decreases and your muscles relax. Come see me to feel more relaxed.
Polar Bear Day – Fun fact. It is believed that all polar bears are left handed.
National Pistachio Day – Celebrate today by eating Pistachios. They are great plain as a snack, in ice cream, and in a wide range of desserts.
Throw A Mardi Gras Party
Mardi Gras is one of the most well-known festivals of the year. While Mardi Gras is celebrated all over the world, the most famous Mardi Gras happens in New Orleans. Even if you can’t make it to New Orleans for the celebration, here are some fun ways to host your own Mardi Gras party!
- Send fun invitations. You can make your own, buy them or send out digital invites, but either way themed invitations set the mood.
- Make it a costume party. Ask people to wear masks and dress up for the occasion.
- Serve Mardi Gras themed food. Here is a link to some traditional Mardi Gras recipes. http://allrecipes.com/recipes/192/holidays-and-events/mardi-gras/. Share the link with friends and have a potluck.
- Create a playlist. Put together a list of Cajun-style music to set the mood at your party. You can find a ton of free tunes online.
- Decorate in Mardi Gras colors. There are three colors that are traditionally associated with Mardi Gras: purple, gold and green. Purple symbolizes justice, gold symbolizes power and green symbolizes faith. Decorate using these colors for a traditional feel.