Fun Facts About St. Patrick’s Day
Today is St. Patrick’s Day so I thought I would tell you some fun facts you can use to impress your friends. Have fun and be safe out there.
- Corned beef and cabbage is a traditional St. Patrick’s Day dish
- Irish soda bread gets its name from the use of baking soda rather than yeast as a leavening agent
- The first St. Patrick’s Day parade took place in the United States on March 17, 1762
- More than 100 St. Patrick’s Day parades are held across the United States
- There are 34.7 million U.S. residents with Irish ancestry. This number is more than seven times the population of Ireland itself.
- There are approximately 144,588 current U.S. residents who were born in Ireland.