Tips for a Healthy Holiday
The holidays are in full force. What can you do to keep healthy and end the year on a high note?
Here are a few tips for you:
- Stay in control of stress – I know the holidays can really bring a person to the brink, but take a few moments to yourself throughout the day to just … breathe. Stay calm, it’ll all be over soon!
- Stretch – Most of us experience stress in our daily lives, especially around the holidays. Stretching has benefits similar to getting a massage. It gets the blood flowing to overactive muscles that have contracted because of stress or immobility. Stretching can be a simple way to relieve some of the tension in your body and help you cope with stress. Here are some simple stretches you can do anywhere: https://www.trihealth.com/dailyhealthwire/wellness-and-fitness/10-stretches-you-can-do-anywhere/
- Sleep! – You’d be surprised how much the amount and quality of sleep you get can affect your well-being. Make sure you’re getting to bed at a decent time and getting solid sleep.
- Stay active – if you can’t make it into the gym, take a walk around the block, go to the park, walk around the mall. Just keep your body moving – it’ll help with the stress as well.
- Eat as healthy as you can – Eat those veggies and fruits and keep a pack of almonds in your pocket for the times you’re looking for a snack.
- Schedule a massage – Give me a call to schedule an appointment. Taking some time for yourself during this busy time of year can give you the boost you need to finish the year strong.
With these tips, you’re giving yourself the best advantage to stay healthy through the rest of the holidays.