Tips for Summer Health
Summer is in full force. Here are some tips to help beat the heat and stay on track with your health.
- Workout in the morning. A morning workout routine will ramp your body full of endorphins to help jump-start the day. Avoid exercising outside from the hours of 10 am to 2 pm when the sun is directly overhead. Mid-day heat can kill your energy levels and can increase the risk of heat stroke or dehydration.
- Stay hydrated. The importance of drinking water should be a regular part of your day, but it is especially important during the summer months. (See our delicious hydration recipe above). Extreme temperatures cause our bodies to lose water faster. We should drink water even if we don’t feel thirsty in the summer to prevent the risk of dehydration
- Wear sunscreen, even if you’re only outside a short time. Aging skin is an accumulation of years of sun damage. Your skin is at risk even when you’re walking from your car to work. Wear at least a 30 SPF on exposed skin. If you’re working or playing outside make sure to reapply every four hours.
- Shop at the farmer’s market. Clean eating is so easy when you have access to local produce and summer is a great time of year to find an abundance of fruits, vegetables and herbs. Plus you’ll be supporting the community and avoiding most of the pesticides and chemicals used in grocery store produce.
- Take advantage of the grill. BBQ’s are a great way to get together and be outside. Grill any of your fruits and veggies for a delicious way to increase your antioxidants while avoiding those unhealthy compounds. If you go for meat, cut down on your grill time by using skewers. You can have a complete meal on one stick.
Then be sure to come by H3 Massage Therapy for the best massage in Fort mill!